The Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence (PACE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, volunteer alliance of advocates for high school quizbowl competition across the United States.
We run the National Scholastic Championship (NSC), an annual national high school quizbowl tournament. Additionally, PACE awards the Morgan Costa-Rhodes Memorial Scholarship for graduating seniors, the Benjamin Cooper Academic Ambassador Awards for impactful members of the quizbowl community.
2024 National Scholastic Championship
The 2024 National Scholastic Championship will be held at the Hyatt Regency Reston in Reston, VA outside of Washington, D.C. on June 8-9, 2024. The tournament will be directed by Ben Weiner, and the set will be head edited by Ganon Evans.
Registration is now open for qualified teams. Please find more information and the registration link here.
2023 National Scholastic Championship
Congratulations to Barrington High School A, of Barrington, IL, the 2023 NSC champions. They defeated Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology A, of Alexandria, VA, in the second game of an advantaged final. Thomas Jefferson won the first game of the final 440-290, but Barrington won the second 470-330 and the tournament—more details available in the complete tournament stats.
- 2024 Morgan Costa-Rhodes Memorial Scholarship – Applications Open Through 4/8The Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence is honored to announce that applications for the 2024 Morgan Costa-Rhodes Memorial Scholarship are now open! The deadline is April 8, 2024 and notifications will be made in early May. This one-time, $2,000 college scholarship is awarded to a graduating high school senior with financial need and a demonstrated … Read more
- Welcome PACE’s Winter 2024 New Member Class!The Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence is thrilled to be welcoming two new members this January with interests and experience across the spectrum of quizbowl, from writing to event management. Read on to get to know Arthur and Bryanna! Arthur Ramsay (he/him) has been involved with quiz bowl since 2010, as a player and two-year … Read more
- Welcome PACE’s July 2023 Member Class!The Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence is pleased to welcome nine new members from across North America, representing seven different states and two countries. PACE is very excited to welcome a new member class that’s passionate about projects ranging from outreach and tech to set production. Read more about each of our new members and … Read more
- 2023 Benjamin Cooper Academic Ambassador Awards – Nominations Open Through 4/10The Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence is now accepting nominations for the 2023 Benjamin Cooper Academic Ambassador Awards. The Cooper Awards, which recognize those who contribute to the “spirit and honor of quizbowl competition,” will be presented at the 2023 PACE National Scholastic Championship in Rosemont, Illinois on June 10-11, 2023.
- NSC 2023 Open Staff CallThe Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence is in need of staff for the 2023 NSC at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare in Rosemont, Illinois, on June 10-11, 2023.