Welcome to the PACE guide for directing an online tournament. This guide is complete for hosting a Discord tournament. We are still working on the version of this guide for Zoom (see bottom of this page). Guides for staffing, playing, or coaching at an online tournament can be found here.
This guide assumes that you have staffed at least one in-person quizbowl tournament before. If not, please see our quizbowl 101 page to read about the fundamentals of quizbowl.
- Software Options for an Online Tournament
- How Large Should Your Tournament Be?
- The Tournament Director’s Role During the Tournament
- Equipment You’ll Need (mainly for your staffers, but helpful to have as a TD just in case)
- Discord Tournament Direction Overview
- Quick Guide to Online Tournaments on Discord
- Discord Basics
- Discord Settings
- Intro To Discord Bots
- Cheating and Misconduct
- Online Tournament Rules
- Tournament Prep
- Discord Server Creation
- Creating Rooms and Teams on Your Server
- Adding Players, Staff and Coaches to Your Discord Server
- Creating Schedules
- Creating Scoresheets
- Handling Protests
- Discord Troubleshooting
Note: this section is currently incomplete.