PACE has completed its revision to the rules for the 2011-2012 National Scholastic Championship. The rules can be found here: PACE NSC 2012 Rules.
The primary, but not exhaustive, list of changes from last year’s rules are as follows:
- Clarification of bonus replacement policy. Note that PACE will be issuing follow-up material to better illustrate how bonuses will be replaced in the event of protests, moderator error, or other issues.
- Revision of the tiebreaking and final placement clauses.
- Instructions for filing a protest made more explicit.
- Clarification on player eligibility.
- Clarification on grounds for protesting tossup questions.
If you have any questions about the rules, please contact Matt Weiner, the tournament director of the 2012 NSC.