For information on entry fees for the 2012 NSC, please see this post.
Here is the fee information for the 2011 PACE NSC:
- Base fee: $500 per team
- Automatic qualifier discount: -$25 per applicable team
- Gold qualifier discount: -$50 per applicable team
- Platinum qualifier discount: -$75 per applicable team
- Buzzer systems: -$10 each per school, no limit
- Staffers: -$50 each per school, max 2 per school
- Hosting a gold-certified tournament: -$10 each per tournament, no limit
- Hosting a platinum-certified tournament: -$20 each per tournament, no limit
- Early payment discount: -$25 from total fee for paying by March 1
All registration checks must be postmarked by May 2. For each day your check is not postmarked after May 2, a $15 fee will be added to your entry fee. If your check is not received by May 13, PACE reserves the right to drop your team from the tournament.
Qualification Discounts: Teams take the largest qualifying discount that applies; they do not combine them, and they do not apply to every team from a school by default (e.g., if an A team qualified at a gold tournament, and a school then qualified both an A and B team at an affiliated tournament, then their discount is $50 for the A team and $25 for the B team, not $50 for each team).
Buzzers: Buzzers must have manual clearing and have a control box and eight activators that all work. Teams should bring spare parts if available. Teams claiming a discount for battery-powered buzzers must provide a new battery in the system or an extra battery in the case.
Staffers: A staffer can be any person affiliated with the team who is brought to the tournament, at team expense, to work as a scorekeeper for the entire event.
Checks should be made out to “PACE” or “Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence” and mailed to PACE Treasurer Donald Taylor at the following address:
31100 653rd Ave. #74
Maxwell, IA 50161
If you have any questions, please email Donald Taylor at email@example.com