Welcome to the guide for directing a quizbowl tournament on Discord. By the end of this guide, you should have the ability to carry out the following tasks:
- Create a Discord server for hosting your tournament.
- Invite staffs, players, and coaches to the server, then add them to the appropriate tournament roles.
- Create the schedules and links to packets/scoresheets for your staffers.
- Run a tournament where moderators, players, and coaches join a video call to engage in virtual quizbowl matches. The moderators read the questions, the players type “buzz” to buzz in.
- Manage your staffers, make sure teams get to their new rooms each round, make sure stats are collected, create new schedules for playoffs.
- Enforce a welcoming environment adhering to PACE’s code of conduct.
Please read the guide before announcing your tournament, so you know what to expect and what resources are available.