The Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence is seeking applications and/or nominations for new members! The Winter 2020 Cycle is open until Monday, January 4, 2021.
The Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence (PACE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, volunteer alliance of advocates and organizers for the game of high school quizbowl. PACE members commit themselves to outreach projects, organization of the NSC, or both, as well as attending virtual meetings every month or so. PACE frequently collaborates with other high school and college academic competition organizations to achieve greater success in its projects.
In our members, we are looking for a dual interest in:
- the growth of high school quizbowl in many different aspects (listed here)
- providing an opportunity for high school quizbowl teams to compete against each other on the national stage at NSC.
If you feel that this description fits you, and you are willing to commit to being a PACE member, please fill out the application form here including a short statement about your prior contributions to quizbowl. Alternatively, if you know someone who is exceptionally qualified to contribute to these goals, you can submit a nomination statement through the same form. Current high school students are not eligible to be PACE members.
In both application and nomination statements, PACE is looking for evidence of:
- sustained outreach efforts
- strong tournament direction skills
- leadership roles in local or regional quizbowl organizations
- steadfast commitment to projects that improve competitions or the quizbowl community in general
- experience in head editing question sets
- specialized technical skills (e.g. video editing skills, experience handling an organization’s finances, web design)
These are not the only criteria that PACE members take into account when deciding who to invite, but these elements typically form a strong statement. Statements should be no more than 300 words. Longer statements do not affect admission – it is entirely dependent on the content.
PACE values having a diverse set of voices amongst our membership, from all races, colors, religions, sexes, gender identities, and sexual orientations. We are especially welcoming applicants and nominees who are women or underrepresented minorities, as we recognize that an array of perspectives can significantly strengthen our organization. Often, people from these groups are hesitant about whether they are qualified to apply. If you know someone who would be a great fit but who might be reluctant to apply, please consider nominating them! If you’re just interested in learning more about what it’s like to work for PACE, feel free to email us, or take a look at a 2016 thread on the subject.
We look forward to reading your applications and nominations!