As promised, here are some hotel recommendations based on the research of our treasurer, Aaron Rosenberg:
Teams are advised to review public transportation options before making hotel reservations.
I. Official Hotel
PACE’s official hotel for the 2012 NSC is the Sheraton Clayton Plaza. All non-local staffers not accompanying teams will be lodged here. We encourage teams to consider this option, as it is located only two blocks from the Clayton Metrolink station. From there, teams can take the Metrolink to the University City Big Bend station, located right next to the Wash U campus. The Metrolink runs every 20 minutes throughout the day including weekends.
Phone: (314) 863-0400
II. Other hotels near the university:
1. Crowne Plaza, 1.7 miles, 7750 Carondelet Avenue, (314) 727-7434
2. Seven Gables Inn, 2.0 miles, 26 North Meramec Avenue, (314) 863-8400
3. Hampton Inn and Suites at Forest Park, 2.7 miles, no Metrolink access, 5650 Oakland Avenue, (314) 655-3993
III. Hotels near the airport (10-11 miles from the university)
1. Drury Inn, 10490 Natural Bridge Rd, (314) 423-7700
2. Best Western Airport Plaza Inn, 4530 North Lindbergh Boulevard, Bridgeton, MO, (314) 731-3800
3. Holiday Inn, 4505 Woodson Road, (314) 427-4700
4. Comfort Inn Airport and Conference Center, 9600 Natural Bridge Rd, (314) 427-7600