Here is the fee information for the 2012 PACE NSC:
- Base fee: $500 per team
- Automatic qualifier discount: -$25 per applicable team
- Gold qualifier discount: -$50 per applicable team
- Platinum qualifier discount: -$75 per applicable team
- Buzzer systems: -$10 each per school, no limit
- Staffers: -$50 each per school, max 2 per school
- Hosting a gold-certified tournament: -$10 each per tournament, no limit
- Hosting a platinum-certified tournament: -$20 each per tournament, no limit
- Early payment discount: -$25 from total fee for paying by March 1
All registration checks must be postmarked by May 2. For each day your check is not postmarked after May 2, a $15 fee will be added to your entry fee. If your check is not received by May 13, PACE reserves the right to drop your team from the tournament. This deadline will be adjusted for teams who register in May. If you are one of those teams, our treasurer Aaron Rosenberg will give you your specific deadlines depending on when you register.
Qualification Discounts: Teams take the largest qualifying discount that applies; they do not combine them, and they do not apply to every team from a school by default (e.g., if an A team qualified at a gold tournament, and a school then qualified both an A and B team at an affiliated tournament, then their discount is $50 for the A team and $25 for the B team, not $50 for each team).
Buzzers: Buzzers must have manual clearing and have a control box and eight activators that all work. Teams should bring spare parts if available. Teams claiming a discount for battery-powered buzzers must provide a new battery in the system or an extra battery in the case.
Staffers: A staffer can be any person affiliated with the team who is brought to the tournament, at team expense, to work as a scorekeeper for the entire event.
Checks should be made out to “PACE” or “Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence” and mailed to PACE Treasurer Aaron Rosenberg at the following address:
PO Box 10112
McLean, VA 22102
If you have any questions, please email Aaron Rosenberg at cursednine at gmail.com.